by Jason Treu | Apr 10, 2018
Here is your #6 business relationship supercharger, empowering yourself, from my book, Social Wealth…
Supercharger #6: Empowering Yourself
Your success is directly correlated to your psychology because your thoughts turn into the actions you take and the results you generate. Your mind is extremely powerful, and it will either propel you forward or cripple you. You need clarity, focus, and compelling motivations to move toward the life you want. It’s critical to remove inner conflicts that may be holding you back as well. You also need to create your business plan, and understand why you want what you want in your career. Don’t live your life as a sailboat hoping to drift to the right destination without a map or GPS; your chance of getting where you want to go is very low.
by Jason Treu | Apr 9, 2018
Here is your #5 business relationship supercharger from my book Social Wealth, conquering fear.
Supercharger #5: Conquering Fear
We’re constantly comparing our life to what we see on our friends’ Facebook newsfeeds. It’s easy to think that everyone else has a great life, while you’re still struggling in yours. Well, realize that most people don’t share their skeletons on Facebook. No one’s life is perfect, and everyone struggles with fear of failure and fear of rejection. You are not alone. Realize that you have the power to move forward and create what you want. Though you may never completely eliminate all your fears, they can be managed and you can understand them much better. Lead with authenticity, vulnerability, transparency, giving, and having fun.
by Jason Treu | Apr 8, 2018
Here is your business relationship supercharger #4: starting simply, simply starting…
Supercharger #4: Starting Simply, Simply Starting
All it takes is a few words, “How’s everything?” or “How’s your week going?” to meet new people. That’s it. Just take the first step and start with a simple, short communication. It’s not complex, but a lot of people overthink this, giving themselves an excuse not to put themselves out there. Because your energy and vibe is much more important than what you say! Delivery trumps content.
Then you follow it up with, “What’s exciting that is going on in your life right now?” or “What projects are working on that you are passionate about?”
You’ll immediately connect with them on a deep emotional level!
by Jason Treu | Apr 7, 2018
Here is your #3 business relationship supercharger, stop rationalizing and start realizing.
Supercharger #3: Realizing, Not Rationalizing
Stop rationalizing why you are not meeting other people or building the relationships you want. Stop using the excuses that you don’t have time, you don’t know what to do, you can’t do that and/or you’re just not good at it. Those days are over for you! You are truly limitless now.
by Jason Treu | Apr 6, 2018
“There is no such thing as a ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.”
—George Burton Adams
Do you ever…
- Feel awkward or fearful about approaching people to start conversations?
- Not know what to say when you’re chatting with someone and think they will judge you if you say something wrong?
- Not know how to break into group conversations?
- Feel uncomfortable or have social anxiety when you are out among acquaintances or people you don’t know?
- Struggle to build deep and meaningful relationships with others that leave you happy and truly fulfilled?
- Feel like you have little or no understanding of how to successfully build your business network?
- Not know how to advance your career or start your own business because you can’t meet the right people to help you (i.e., investors, board members, venture capitalists, mentors, or executives)?
- Feel frustrated in your sales or business development efforts because you can’t seem to find the right customers or partners?
- Struggle to influence others and build consensus within your company or business?
- Feel like you struggle to create a successful romantic relationship or interactions with the opposite sex?
- Feel overwhelmed and way too busy to find the time for meeting people and building relationships in any area of your life?
Don’t worry. We’ve all been there. Building highly successful and effective relationships and collaborations with others is extremely hard to do. And it’s not an innate skill we are born with; relationship building requires learned behaviors, skills, and habits. That’s why you have to build a focused plan for your life for all your relationships and develop the specific behaviors, mindsets, and habits to get whatever you want in your life.